September 12th & 13th
Teacher: Ms. Brown
Welcome Back to Computer Applications
Students will learn the fundamental “Computer Literacy” concepts of the Microsoft (MS) Office 2016, the MS Office 365 Package and basic Keyboarding Skills.
· Word · Excel · Power Point · Publisher (Being phased out)
Previous Class Session for your review...
Task 1: Typing Warm-Up
Still don't have an account? See me ASAP!
Homekeys are for your starting finger position!
Left Hand - Left Side
Right Hand - Right Side
Step 1: 10 minutes of Beginner Drills
Step 2: Three (1 minute) Typing Tests
Step 3: Review the Goals & Objectives of Typing Warm-Ups (see button below & click).
Step 4: When done with your 10 minutes & three
(1 minute) Tests, scroll down to TASK 2 & TASK 3 below...
Goals & Objectives of Typing Warm Ups:
Digital Literacy Frameworks:
Typing Speed Expectations
90% Accuracy and a WPM Speed of...
Grade 9 - 45wpm = 96% (A)
Grade 10 - 50wpm = 96% (A)
Grade 11 - 55wpm = 96% (A)
By mid-term of Term 1, I will be grading you on your activity time.
Task 2: Bookmarks & Favorites:
Check Infinite Campus
Task 3: Bookmarks & Favorites:
Check School Email
If you did not sign this form , see me.
Next class we will cover the next few tasks, listed below:
Task 4: Guiding Question
Part 1: What is the purpose of the Guiding Question?
Part 2: Answering the Guiding Question
Answering the Guiding Question, a 2-part Question.
Part 3: Done answering the Guiding Question?
Play SKY CHASE while we wait...
Task 5: AUP Acknowledgement Form
Did you electronically sign the Acceptable Use Policy Form?
If yes, continue to play SkyChase...
If no, ask me what to do next.
Click the AUP CONTRACT button below to access the Acceptable Use Policy Page.
This next task is Teacher Guided
Task 6: Email: Themes & Signature
Changing Themes & Email Signature in Outlook 365
A. How to change your theme in Outlook 365:
1. Choose to Settings > Top left of Email (gear icon)
2. Scroll down to Themes and select a theme from the options.
B. How to set up an Email Signature:
1. Click the settings gear menu in the upper right corner. Select Options.
2. Under Mail > Layout, select Email signature. In the text box, create your signature. [You can modify the formatting with the mini toolbar.]
3. Check the Automatically include my signature on messages I send box to append your signature to all outgoing emails including replies and forwards. Click Save.
Task 7: Educational DOWN TIME
- No Phones