Teacher: Ms. Brown
Welcome Back to Computer Applications
Students will learn the fundamental “Computer Literacy” concepts of the Microsoft (MS) Office 2016, the MS Office 365 Package and basic Keyboarding Skills.
· Power Point
Reminder 1. Seating Arrangements
- Seats are assigned and will remain your seats unless you have a behavior issue.
- If you have a personal issue, see me PRIVATELY after class to discuss.
- Entering the lab in an orderly fashion.
- No Food or Drink.
Reminder 2. Attendance Policy
- You must be in your seat when the bell rings.
- If you are late you will be marked tardy (late) in Infinite Campus.
- All students should make up missed work if they are absent.
- If is your responsibility to speak with/contact your teacher (email) about any missed work.
- Start a BUY BACK of you did not have an excused absence.
Reminder 3. Fire Drill Review
If you were absent, see me for location to meet
when there is a drill.
Students will become familiar with the exit procedures in case of a fire drill or evacuation.
- Phones are away until your are OUT OF THE BUILDING! No Exceptions!
- Check in for attendance outside.
- 5 minutes to return to class, or you are considered to be wandering.
Click the button to view the map of our
Outdoor MEETING LOCATION.
Reminder 4. Course Brochure
If you were absent and did not receive a
fold-able brochure, see me for a brochure.
- The brochure has all the information about the course you will need to know.
- A Syllabus will follow.
B: Prep the class PC for CompApps
3. Typing.com: Keyboarding Practice Site
Form for the Syllabus & Computer Lab Expectations:
If you did not sign this form , see me.
Click the AUP CONTRACT button below to access the Acceptable Use Policy Page.
Task 1: Typing.com Warm Up
Homekeys are for your starting finger position!
You should already have created an account in Typing.com. If not, see me immediately.
Still don't have an account? See me first!
Step 1: 10 minutes of Beginner Drills
Step 2: Three 1 minute Typing Tests
Step 3: Use the GAMES section of TYPING.com while everyone finishes.
Goals & Objectives of Typing Warm Ups:
Digital Literacy Frameworks:
Typing Speed Expectations
Grade 9 - 45wpm = 100%
Grade 10 - 50wpm = 100%
Grade 11 - 55wpm = 100%
By mid-term of Term 3, I will be grading you on your activity time.
Task 2: Guiding Question
Part 1: What is the purpose of the Guiding Question?
Part 2: Answering the Guiding Question
Answering the Guiding Question, a 2-part Question.
Part 3: Done answering the Guiding Question?
Play SKY CHASE while we wait...
This next task is Teacher Guided
Task 3: Email: Themes & Signature
Changing Themes & Email Signature in Outlook 365
A. How to change your theme in Outlook 365:
1. Choose to Settings > Top left of Email (gear icon)
2. Scroll down to Themes and select a theme from the options.
B. How to set up an Email Signature:
1. Click the settings gear menu in the upper right corner. Select Options.
2. Under Mail > Layout, select Email signature. In the text box, create your signature. [You can modify the formatting with the mini toolbar.]
3. Check the Automatically include my signature on messages I send box to append your signature to all outgoing emails including replies and forwards. Click Save.
Task 4: Educational DOWN TIME
- No Phones