Rules Posted Below are subject to an update. . . . .
Assigned Seats Once Class Roster is Finalized.
Notebooks are not required.
YOU MUST be familiar with the school handbook and the Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
Being on time is expected. If you are late, you must have a pass to excuse your tardiness.
Detention for tardiness is issued.
If you are absent, YOU must make arrangements for make up work and remain after school. You should communicate to your teacher about missing work, in person or via email.
Late Buses are available Monday - Thursday.
Students should adhere to:
District Email and AUP / Internet Acceptable Use Policy (SHB p.7-8)
District Electronic Devices and Cell Phone Policies (SHB p.26-29)
Cell Phones and Electronic Devices are AWAY, not charging and
not visible any time.
If you violate this cell phone policy, you will be sent to your Assistant Dean's Office to pass in you device for the day. As well as receive a referral.
Safety Expectations, Procedures & Rules
When Using Lab B315 (SY17-18)
Preparation for Computer Instruction
- Teacher will present the school-wide Emergency Procedures Guide (flip-chart) and post the flip-chart by the classroom door for immediate reference.
- Teacher should review computer instructions, rules, guidelines and procedures prior to class for efficient use of the computers.
- Teachers will provide an overview of ergonomics and use of a desktop computer.
- Teachers should review with their students the district-wide Acceptable Use Policy.
- Teacher must remain in the lab at all times and is responsible for discipline.
- Teacher will submit a Work Order for any computer with missing or damaged hardware or peripherals to ensure daily operations of the lab.
- Teachers are expected to closely monitor student activity by frequent screen checks via classroom circulation and Vision Software
- Teachers should report any non-functioning technology equipment to their IT Department via the district’s web-based Technology Support Form.
- Students must save to their assigned profiles (networked H:\ drive) and not to the hard drive. Saving to the hard drive will cause the student to lose all of their work.
- Students should only send the print command to the printer once and with specific permission. If information is not printing, they are to report it to the instructor.
- Students must close all open windows, applications, and log out before leaving the lab.
- Students will push in all chairs to prevent obstruction of isles.
- Teachers, when using computer labs, turn off the digital projector and ensure the lab is locked when the lab is not in use.
- Students and Staff will adhere to federal copyright laws.
- Computer users should not unplug or tamper with any components of the workstation without verifying with the assigned lab instructor or department head.
- Log-on with your username and password only. Never share your username and password.
- Food, drinks or gum chewing is not permitted in the lab or anywhere near a computer.
- Respect the equipment. Do not tamper with or disconnect any components of a workstation (parts, cables, or labels).
- Internet use is limited to teacher assigned activities or classwork, as directed.
- Personal Internet use for chat rooms, instant messaging (IM), or email is strictly prohibited. (This is against our Acceptable Use Policy.)
- Do not download or install any programs, games, or music. (This is against out Acceptable Use Policy.) Unless otherwise requested by the instructor.
- No Internet/Intranet gaming activities allowed.
- Do not personalize the computer settings. (This includes desktop, screen saver, etc.)
- Ask permission to print.
- If by mistake you get to an inappropriate Internet site, turn off your monitor immediately and raise your hand/report it to your instructor discreetly.
- Email, thumb drives, or other multimedia equipment are for school work only. Do not use them for playing music or other recreational activities.
- Do not run programs that continue to execute after you log off.
- Log-off — leave the computer ready for the next person to use. Pick-up your materials, dispose of any trash, and push in the chair.
|File Size:||232 kb|