General announcements for ALL CLASSES:
- No Tech Check today. NO MUSIC & NO PHONES!
- No cell phones should be viewed at any time.
- Ear buds are also not visible (unless approved for a lesson).
- Cell phones are away and NOT VISIBLE at any time.
- Sit in assigned seats, teacher has the seating charts. If there is an issue, be polite and ask the sub for assistance.
- If you have early release from a class - be respectful and let the Substitute know in advance. (Day B P.6 - 1 student)
- You wait by your seat for dismissal, NOT THE DOORS!
- Follow our usual EXIT PROCEDURES (bottom of this page).
Students be polite and respectful to our guest teacher (substitute).
The substitute is not familiar with our routines. I have asked all incidents be referred to me and I will handle all concerns upon my return.
Therefore, in my absence, you are to follow the above list and adhere to any classroom directives, the substitute has made. Thank you, Ms. Brown
All Classes: Computer Applications
All student will log into their typing.com account and practice keyboarding for 10-15 minutes each class.
Students are self-paced and will complete:
- ONE (1) minute typing test per class visit
- 10 to 15 minutes of drills using Typing.com
Two hands always!
Left hand - left side & right hand - right side!
Students will navigate from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced at their own pace.
Students are aware their ALL TIME ACTIVITY counts!'
Today: Make Up Work and Catch Up Time...
Done with all Class Projects?
The use KHAN Academy for extra points or work on academic course work/study.
You must ask the substitute to print first.
Printer Name is HP LJ 4200.
Career Path Exploration on Khan Academy
Business Education of Computer Applications
- Students who are creating a NEW Khan Academy Account should use their BPS Email account.
- Their Birthday is the Password mm/dd/yyyy.
- Student who have a Khan Academy Account should Log In.
- Once an account is activated and students are logged in, they should click below.
- Any student who was absent the SUB has directions in the SUB FOLDER, I have left those directions for help to create an account on KHAN & how to join my Khan Classes.
Click the KHAN LOGO below to access the
Khan Academy website:
Khan Academy website:
Students with an active profile in KHAN should click the COACHES TAB:
Students will Join a Class
using these codes:
Section 1: 86VYNCFE
Section 2: 7RVPGMM7
Coach Name: Lauren Brown
Students will work on Khan Academy Careers for the duration of the class and throughout my absence.
Students will also try out the Computer Programming portion, the SAT Prep portions and any other academic portion to gain activity points.
They will need a headset (from the bin). There are guidelines for using the headset a sign is by the bin! and at the bottom of this webpage.
The teacher can approve earbud use, it is up to him/her. If caught using phone (make a note or send the student to their ADs Office.
Daily Lesson and Expectations:
•Students will follow the usual Enter/Exit Procedure (No Excuses).
•All students will use [Typing.com] for 10-15 minutes and complete (1) one minuter typing test.
•All students will use Khan Academy for the classes I assigned:
Which are: Career & College, as well as Computer Programming & Science.
•Student are allowed to explore the Math, Science and SAT Prep portions as well.
•Students will use headsets or earbuds (earbuds are connect to the PC only).
•The teacher reserves the right to ask you to use a headset , if you cannot be trusted to follow the rules.
• Ms. Brown will be grading you based on Time on Task, if a student is present “in-class” then their KHAN ACCOUNT activity should reflect that at least 30 minutes or more of activity per class.
•Any behavior concerns will be documented and reported to Ms. Brown for my return. I will follow up with those in question when I am back.
•Assigned seating remains “as-is”. Seating Charts were left for the Substitute.
•The Substitute Teacher can determine to end class a few minutes earlier based on the ENTIRE CLASS's BEHAVIOR (as a whole) to earn free time to check their email, portal, play a cool math or mindless game.
•Phone check is not allowed unless the Substitute Teacher grants you permission.
Headset Use - GUIDELINES
Monday 1/8, Tuesday 1/9, Wednesday 1/10 & Thursday 1/11
NOTE: Excel will begin upon my return.
All MS Word assignments should be complete to the best of your ability.
1. Lesson 11: W-20 Newsletter Finish today.
[Instructions are at the back of the room, collect them quietly and pass back in when done.]
2. Done with the Newsletter? Save and move on to Typing.
3. Complete a One (1) Minute typing test & 5 minutes of Typing.
4. Finished with Typing.com? Then do academic work and research. Or use Khan Academy to gain points (any content area - Math, Science, Etc.)
5. Make sure all MS Word Assignments are done, see list below: