Computer Scavenger Hunt
a. Writing Utensil and White Lined paper or
b. Open Microsoft word to TYPE up your answers.
NOTE: Must be saved to your ID# Folder & Named COMP SCAV HUNT By Your Name.
All answers MUST be numbered 1 - 23 correctly. If the answer does not match correctly you will not be scored.
Searching this computer hunt could make you more knowledgeable about the computer than your teacher. Go for it! Use the links to go to a site that has the answer.
1. What does DVD stand for?
2. What is a dingbat?
3. What is a handshake?
4. What is a home page?
5. What handles can you not hold in your hand?
6. What was ENIAC?
7. What contribution did Ada Byron make to computing?
8. What kind of wafers are used at Intel to make computer chips?
9. What do they call the suit that cleanroom technicians must wear while making computer chips?
10. What does modem stand for anyway? (Search the site)
11. I think the person who coined these computer terms must have been hungry.
Use this link to answer all parts of question 11A, 11B & 11C:
11a. What is a bit?
11b. How many bits in a byte?
11c. How many nibbles in a byte?
12. The ARPANET 's development began in 1966. It was an experiment to connect universities to share information. What do we call this today?
13. In what year was the first World-Wide Web software created by Tim Berners-Lee? (Hint search in the timeline only)
14. Project Gutenberg puts on the Internet public domain literature and information. What was the first document posted?
15. When were floppy disks introduced? (hint they were first called magnetic disks)
16. How many megabytes of data can a factory made audio CD hold?
17. What do the letters CD-ROM stand for?
18. Name three computer peripherals.
19. What does GUI (pronounced "goo-ey") mean?
20. What is an advantage of the Dvorak keyboard?
21. What is a computer virus?
22. How did Marcian Hoff's invention change computers? Look him up.
23. What mammal, other than humans, uses a computer?
This Scavenger Hunt from the Hoover City Schools: http://www.hoover.k12.al.us/sms/Electives/CGober/Computer%20Scavenger%20Hunt.htm